SCOPE & OBJECTIVES
The symposium aims at presenting and discussing the state of the art and potential for applications of group IV semiconductor nanostructures, in the field of light emission and associated photonic functions. More precisely, discussions will involve various types of silicon nanostructures, such as individual nanocrystals, porous silicon, nanodot assemblies, and nanostructures of some group IV elements (Si, Ge, Sn). The potential of such nanostructures in diverse multidisciplinary fields, such as electronics, photonics, plasmonics, biology, or medicine, will be considered. The symposium will also aim at (i) estimating the most promising fields and routes for applications of silicon nanostructures in society, as well as (ii) identifying the fundamental aspects that still need to be clarified and ways to clear them.
Program can be downloaded.
14th (Wed.) December 2022
The session will start at 13:00 and will close at 17:30.
- L.T. Canham (Univ. of Birmingham),
- “Efficient Visible Photoluminescence Of Silicon-Based Nanostructures”
- N. Koshida (Tokyo Univ. Agr.&Tech.),
- “Diverse Functions of Nano-structured Si"
- M. Fujii (Kobe Univ.),
- “Silicon Nanoparticle Nanoantenna for the Enhancement of Light-matter Interaction”
- B. Gelloz (Nagoya Univ.),
- “Photoluminescence of Wet Porous Si Nanostructures: High-energy Limit and Band-filling Phenomenon”
- O. Nakatsuka, (Nagoya Univ.),
- “Research and Development of GeSn-related Group-IV Semiconductor Heterostructures for Optoelectronic Applications”
- K. Makihara (Nagoya Univ.),
- “Fabrication and Characterization of Ge/Si Core-Shell Quantum Dots for Light Emission Devices”
- Noyori Conference Hall, Higashiyama Campus, Nagoya University
- Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8602, JAPAN
- 5 minutes walk from Nagoya-Daigaku Station (Subway Meijo Line)
- Free of charge. Everybody is welcome.
- Prof. Bernard Gelloz (Nagoya University)
- Nagoya station-(Higashiyama line)-Motoyama Station-(Meijo ine)-Nagoya University Station (approximately 25 min.)
- Chubu Centrair International Airport
- Chubu Centrair International Airport-Central Japan International Airport Station-(Tokoname line)-Kanaya Station-(Meijo Line)-Nagoya University Station (approximately 60 min.)
- Prefectural Nagoya Airport
- Prefectural Nagoya Airport-(Bus)-Kurokawa-(Walk)-Kurokawa Station-(Meijo Line)-Nagoya University Station
- For the entire Higashiyama Campus map, visit
- To get to Noyori Conference Hall, take either Exit No. 2 or Exit No. 3 at the Nagoya Daigaku Subway Station.
Nagoya University Institute for Advanced Research (IAR)